Filed under Police Reports

Police Reports

Reports given to The Bulletin from ESU Police and Safety

Jan. 11
Officer stopped MO KJ6M3S at 1829 Merchant. Verbal warning for failure to stop at a stop sign at I-35 and Merchant. Operator was taken into custody for no driver’s license and no proof of insurance and transported to Lyon Co. jail.
Officer stopped KS 412FXS at 100 W. 15th. Verbal warning for driving without headlights in 1800 Merchant.
Officer stopped OH FVH2480 at 12th and Highland. Citation for speeding and no proof of insurance.
Officers assisted Emporia Police Dept. with a noise complaint in 800 Lawrence.
Officer stopped KS 058BAY in 1400 Merchant. Verbal warning for driving with no headlights.

Jan. 12
Officer recovered KS license plate 329CHT.
Officer was dispatched to admit international students and their volunteer into Singular/Trusler Complex. Subjects gained entrance prior to officer’s arrival.
Officer discovered damage to ESU Apartments A-7 and B021.
Officer assisted Emporia Police Dept. with a car stop at 15th and Merchant.

Jan. 13
Officer contacted several international students outside of Morse Hall Complex.
Officers contacted operators of three vehicles parked at King Lake. Subjects were advised of campus alcohol and parking policies.

Jan. 14
Officer stopped KS Temporary Tag A415820 at 18th and Merchant. Verbal warning for driving with bright lights on in 1800 Merchant.
Officer stopped KS 740BQP in 15th and Merchant. Verbal warning for driving without headlights.
Officer stopped KS SBB488 at 10 E 15th. Verbal warning for a stop sign violation at I-35 and Merchant.

Jan. 15
Two subjects unable to exit the north elevator in WAW Library. Officer was able to assist subjects in exiting the elevator.
Officer assisted Lyon Co. deputy with a car stop in 1100 Merchant.
Officer contacted the operator of KS 259DVO at 105 W 12th and advised of a defective headlight.

Jan. 16
Officer stopped KS 045CID in 1300 Merchant. Verbal warning for defective headlight.
Officer stopped KS QNA463 in 1800 Merchant. Verbal warning for driving without headlights.
Officer assisted Lyon Co. deputy with a car stop on I-35 SB just west of Burlingame Rd. on-ramp.
Emporia Police Dept. reported a student was in need of lock out services. Officers provided lock out assistance for KS 942AXG at 4th and Merchant. Operator was allowed to retrieve her apartment keys. Officers took possession of the vehicle keys. Subject has been drinking.

Jan. 17-18
Logs were not given to The Bulletin in time for press.