Filed under Police Reports

Police Reports

Reports given to The Bulletin from ESU Police and Safety

Jan. 29
Officers assisted the Emporia Police Dept. with a car stop at 18th and Merchant.

Jan. 30
Officer escorted a female student from ESU PD HQ to her apartment off campus to assist in locating her cellular telephone.
Officer assisted Emporia Police Dept. with a car stop in 1800 Merchant.

Jan. 31
Officer assisted Emporia Police Dept. with an ambulance call at 12th and East.
Officer assisted three vehicles at 15th and Market that were having difficulty on ice.
Officer stopped KS 608ERG in 1100 Commercial. Verbal warning for a one-way violation in 1200 Market.

Feb. 1
Officers assisted KS 705EIY in Morse Hall Complex loading zone that was having difficulty on ice.
Officer stopped KS 562GDU at 11th and Merchant. Verbal warning was for poor drivers view.

Feb. 2
Officer took report of non-injury accident involving KS 687CSO in Lot 11.
Ambulance responded to South Twin Towers for a seizure. A female student was transported by ambulance to Newman Regional Health.
Female requested to speak with an officer at Roosevelt Hall in reference to missing keys.
Officer provided escort for subject from Roosevelt Hall to 1500 Washington.
Officer escorted a female student from ESU PD HQ to Twin Towers Complex.
Officer assisted a male student who slipped on the ice around Singular/Trusler Complex. Officer distributed Hydite on the icy areas.

Feb. 3
Male student reported being a victim of a financial crime in Texas
Officer stopped KS 887JST at 10 W 15th . Verbal warning for a stop sign violation.
Officer stopped KS 569FDY at 11th Constitution. Verbal warning for driving without headlights.
Officer assisted Emporia Police Dept. with a Disturbing the Peace call at 929 Lawrence.
Twin Towers Reception Center reported some rooms on 7th North Twin Towers were without power. Officers reset the breaker.
Officers assisted Lyon Co. Sheriff’s Dept. with locating a reckless driver.
Officer stopped KS 011GDW at I-35 and Burlingame Rd. subject was taken into custody for DUI and transported to Lyon Co. jail.

Feb. 4
Ambulance responded to Memorial Union for a fall. Subject was transported by ambulance to Newman Regional Health.
Ambulance responded to Memorial Union for a fall. Subject was transported by officer to Newman Regional Health.
Ambulance responded to Northeast Morse Hall Room 316 for a male student with side pain. Subject refused transport to Newman Regional Health.
Resident of North Twin Towers 7th floor reported the power was out. Officer reset the breaker.
Residential Life reported a female student missing. Officers were able to locate subject and checked her welfare. No problem was found.
Officer assisted vehicle stuck in snow between Plumb Hall and Science Hall.
Officer assisted a vehicle stuck in snow at 15th and Merchant.
An employee of Memorial Student Union reported a suspicious package at the east entrance. Officer determined the package was a bundle of newspapers.
Officer assisted Emporia Police Dept. with a call in 1000 Merchant-Country Mart.