Transcripts will go digital with Ellucian Banner ERP

Soon, Emporia State will be able to transfer transcripts electronically with a system called Ellucian Banner ERP.

Alicia Dingman, registration administrative assistant, said other colleges can request transcripts from Emporia State and avoid paperwork by receiving an electronic version. However, the program is not technically up and running yet.

“It’s still just in the testing stage,” said Renee Bass, administrative officer in registration. “It will be very neat when it’s ready.”

In order to transfer a transcript wirelessly, students will have to go to ESU’s Office of the Registrar web page. There is a link that takes students directly to the payment page. Students will need their credit card number and Social Security number ready. However, official transcripts cannot be processed if the student has outstanding obligations to ESU.

“I think it is definitely worth the money to have my transcripts sent wirelessly,” said Kathryn Martin, freshman elementary education major. “I’m a little surprised it took so long for it to become electronic. Then I wouldn’t have to worry about losing the paper transcript.”

With technology progressing, it was only a matter of time before the process of transferring transcripts became wireless. Martin, who plans to transfer to another college eventually, said she will most likely use the wireless option to have her official ESU transcripts sent to the new school.

“It just seems like a lot less to worry about,” Martin said.

ESU cannot receive electronic transcripts from other schools, so incoming freshmen next fall will still have to turn in paper versions from their high school. Ellucian Banner will only deal wirelessly with transcripts sent from ESU.

A transcript is an official record of all the courses that a student has taken, the grades they got in those classes, their GPA, degrees attempted or conferred and any honors that the student has received while at a school.

When the wireless transfer option is ready, students will be able to go around the long process of acquiring their transcript physically in the comfort of their own home.