Filed under Hornet Life

Ten2One throws off-campus music video launch party

Ten2One throws  off-campus music video launch party

Will Austin

Gabe Andrews (left), senior business administration major, and Benny Bowden (right), senior digital audio recording major, dance with a crowd of students while filming for the music video to their Emporia State hype song “Right Now.” The finished product will be premiered at a release and dance party tonight at 8:30 p.m. in the Granada Theatre, 807 Commercial Street.

After recording a video using attributes around Emporia State’s campus, Ten2One is hosting a launch party for the Emporia State hype song “Right Now” at 8 p.m. tonight at the Granada Theatre, 807 Commercial Street.

“At first we were going to use Webb Hall and use a projector, but we decided we could probably make it a bigger event by getting some of the community involved, so we called the guy at the Granada (Bryan Williams, theatre director),” said Gabe Andrews, duo member and senior business administration major.

With a $3 ticket fee for those who pick up tickets beforehand from the welcome desk in the Memorial Union or at the Center for Student Involvement and a $5 at-the-door fee, the duo plans to fill the Granada with live music, in addition to the video’s launch.

“Throughout the night, me and Benny are going to be performing a few songs, just originals of ours,” Andrews said. “We released a song recently from Ten2One called ‘Make You Feel.’ We’re going to perform it for the first time live at the show.”

The night’s festivities include a dance and an open bar for the attendees over the age of 21. The main focus of the night, the video for the Emporia State hype song, “Right Now,” will premiere at 10 p.m.

“It will also be live on YouTube for anybody who can’t make it to the event,” said Benny Bowden, duo member and senior digital audio recording major.

The festivities don’t stop when the video does. The party will go on until 11 p.m.

“It’s really awesome to see the reactions – to see their faces, hear the first impressions and kind of see the excitement they have the first time they watch the video,” Bowden said. “We haven’t been able to show anybody. It’s not only anticipation for everybody else, but anticipation for us to show it to everyone else.”

In addition to the party, students who sign up for Hornet Nation get a free Hornet Nation T-shirt, free admission to the event and two free drinks at the premiere party. Hornet Nation membership costs $18.63, and gives students other privileges throughout the year.