Filed under Stinger Style

Preparing for Spring

Preparing for Spring

As the weather in Emporia has been fluctuating up and down, I can’t help but think about the looming promise of spring, winter ending, and sunshine every day. However, if you’re like me, you aren’t even close to being prepared for shorts weather… or your legs aren’t, anyway.

Winter is the time when our skin gets super dry, and to be frank, it just isn’t very attractive. I have three steps to get ready to have your bare legs out in no time!

Number one is to exfoliate. Dead skin cells accumulate over time without exfoliation, so it is important to invest in a scrub. The one I am using at the moment is the Tree Hut Shea Sugar Body Scrub in the scent Brazilian Nut, and it is heavenly. It doesn’t leave your skin too greasy afterwards, and it sloughs off all of the visible signs of dry skin.

Next is to shave. Everyone uses a different razor and has their favorite, but I enjoy the Schick Intuition Razor. It is basically two products in one, because you don’t have to buy shaving cream to go along with it, and that also speeds up the process. Also, make sure to not mix up the order of these first two steps, because exfoliating freshly shaven skin can be very irritating.

Lastly, make sure to moisturize! I use the Boots Extracts Almond Body Butter. Showering may feel refreshing, but lathering up and shaving tends to dehydrate your body. If you want beautiful, glowing skin, moisturizing after every shower is key.

And just in case you’re looking for extra moisture in your hair as well, since most people tend to lighten their hair once spring hits, a mask will do you well. This one is from L’Oreal, and it does a great job of making your hair feel like you just got back from the salon.

Nearing the end of winter means getting your skin in shape to show off for spring, and these products will help you achieve just that.