Filed under Police Reports

Police Reports

Reports given to The Bulletin from ESU Police and Safety

Feb. 26

Officer stopped KS 802BIM in 1300 Market, Verbal warning for obstructed windshield.

Officer assisted Emporia Police Dept. with attempt to locate at 904 Cottonwood.

Officer stopped KS 626DVP at 12th and Kellogg Circle. Verbal warning for improper lane change and defective tail light at same location.

Officer stopped KS 948BOI at 12th Kellogg Circle. Verbal warning for defective mirror at same location.

Female student requested to speak to officer at ESU PD HQ.

Ambulance responded to east side of HPER building for seizure. Male subject refused transport.

Officer stopped KS 369GMB in 1300 Center. Verbal warning for defective head light.

Power House Operator reported the temperature in Science Hall-Brighton Hall south auditorium was above normal. Contacted Nane Weaver. He came in to resolve the issue.

Officer coned off Visitor’s Parking on Kellogg Dr.

Feb. 27

Officer stopped KS 895DVQ in sector 9. Verbal warning for failure to yield to a pedestrian at 1300 Market.

Officer stopped KS 669FNF at 12th and Constitution. Verbal warning for speeding at 10 E. 12th.

Officer checked the welfare of occupants for KS 914FEL in free parking. Occupants were okay.

Officer stopped KS 60-day tag A479646 at 200 E. 12th. Verbal warning for failure to use turn signal at 12th and Commercial and 100 E. 12th.

Male subject reported that a student was a victim of a battery.

Feb. 28

Butcher Education Center zone 1 Burglary. Human error.

Officers assisted Emporia Police Dept. with an animal problem at 15th and Berkley.

Officers found a dump truck had rolled out of the parking stall in Sector 5. Contacted owner and it was moved.

Male subject reported damage to a window in Butcher Education Center.

March 1

Female subject reported criminal damage to the walls of the stair well of North Twin Towers. Report was taken.

Officers assisted KS 806ANU in 1400 Highland.

March 2

Officer assisted a vehicle in Sector 7 that was stuck in the snow.

Officers assisted a vehicle in Sector 3 that was stuck in the snow.

Power House Operator reported temperatures in Science Hall-Brighton Lecture Hall were below normal in the north stairwell and lobby. Officers could not determine a cause other than the area is experiencing record low temperatures.

March 3

Ambulance responded to Student Recreation Center for a male student experiencing a seizure. Subject refused transport.

March 4

Officer assisted the physical plant staff with vehicle issues in 1800 Highland. Escorted the operator back to campus.

Officer stopped a bicyclist in 1500 Morse Dr. Verbal warning for a one-way violation.

Student Health staff reported a female student located between King Hall and Memorial Union had injured her back. Student refused officer assistance.

WAW Library zone 93 Fire. Manual Pull 1st floor Mechanical Room 102. Mechanical problem. Steam from water heater set off alarm.

WAW Library zone 93 Fire. Manual Pull 1st floor Mechanical Room 102. Recurring problem.

Officer escorted a student from Beach Music Hall Room 220. Student did not have a late pass.

Officer escorted a female student from King Hall to 825 Constitution.