Filed under Police Reports

Police Reports

Reports given to The Bulletin from ESU Police and Safety

March 5

Officer escorted one male student and one female student from ESU Student Counseling to Newman Regional Health. Starting mileage 34.2 Ending mileage 35.3.

Two female students requested to speak with an officer at ESU PD HQ.

March 6

Officer stopped KS 729FPE in 1100 Constitution. Verbal warning for a stop sign violation at I-35 and Merchant.

March 7

Officer stopped KS 278GDW in Kellogg Circle. Verbal warning for improper lane change in 10 W 12th.

Officer stopped KS 241CBP in 500 E 12th. Verbal warning for Failure to Signal at 12th and Merchant.

Officer stopped KS 603DDF 400 W 15th. Verbal warning for Failure to Yield at 18th and Merchant.

Female reported theft of iPods from HPER building, room 219 on Marc 5 between 1350 and 1445 hours. Items entered into NCIC.

Officer stopped KS 573GDU at 1800 Merchant. Verbal warning for a stop sign violation at 18th and Merchant.

A female student requested to speak with an officer at ESU PD HQ.

Officer assisted KS 579GAJ at 1240 Highland with problems with turning off the lights.

March 8

Subject reported theft of his cellular telephone from the Memorial Union cafeteria on 03/07/14 at approximately1840. Report taken.

Officer stopped KS AK249 in Sector 8.Verbal warning for a stop sign violation at 15th and Merchant.

Officer stopped KS 850DCK in 1500 Wooster Dr. Verbal warning for a stop sign violation at 15th and Wooster Dr.

Officer stopped KS 260CKO in Sector 8. Verbal warning for a stop sign violation at 15th and Wooster Dr.

Officer stopped KS 283CHT in 1200 Highland. Verbal warning for failure to dim high beam lights.

March 9

Officer assisted Emporia Police Dept. with an arrest at 2624 W 18th.

Female student requested to speak with an officer at ESU PD HQ.

Officer stopped KS 576CKS 900 E 12th. Verbal warning for driving without headlights and defective tail light.

A male student requested to speak with an officer at ESU PD HQ in reference to damage to his vehicle. Damage occurred off campus. Case referred to Emporia Police Dept.

March 10

Twin Towers Complex Reception Desk reported subjects on the roof of the lobby. Subjects left prior to officers arrival.

Officer stopped TX BMM8444 in Sector 4. Verbal warning for a one-way violation at same location.

WAW Library/SLIM zone 55 Burglary, room 212 – Dean’s office. Human error. WAW Library zone 13 multiple Burglary. Alarm will not reset and sounds off constantly. System was placed in test mode until Greg Larson can check system.

March 11

Officer stopped KS 820DVL in 1300 Market. Verbal warning for improper backing violation in 1200 Market.

Student Recreation Center staff requested to speak with an officer in reference to students refusing to leave.

Officer stopped OK 096BYJ at 15th and Wooster Dr. Verbal warning for careless driving on Kellogg Circle.