Filed under Baseball, Sports Shorts

Baseball dominates #22 Mules

The Emporia State Hornet baseball team swept the #22 Central Missouri Mules on Tuesday night, taking the last game 14-2.

The Hornets started out the final game of the series with a lead off double from Levi Parker, junior infeilder. Justin Harris, junior outfielder, advanced him third and Parker scored on a wild pitch. ESU kept the momentum scoring in each of the first five innings, four of which came from Parker.

Harris also went two for three on the night, scoring twice and adding two RBIs. Zach Stuckey, junior outfielder, added a two run homer in the second. Dylan McEwin, senior pitcher, relieved Travis Hendry, junior pitcher, in the fourth, only allowing one run on two hits. Hinkley pitched the final two innings not allowing any hits, walking two and striking out two.

This was a non-conference win for the Hornets, who are not scheduled to play the Mules in the MIAA regular season. The Hornets come back home this weekend for a four-game series against Lincoln, the first of which will be 6:00 p.m. tomorrow at Glennen Field.