Filed under Police Reports

Police Reports

Reports from ESU Police and Safety

April 9
Officer stopped KS 719DVL at 12th and Mechanic. Verbal warning for driving left of center and defective tail light.
Officer stopped KS 577ARM at 11th and Merchant. Verbal warning for wearing headphones while driving.
Officer stopped KS 177BYP in 200 W 12th. Verbal warning for a seatbelt violation.
Officer assisted motorist in 10 W 12th. Vehicle was out of fuel.
Officer stopped KS 993DBC in 200 E 13th. Citation for expired tag.
Officer assisted Emporia Police Dept. in 400 E 12th with an arrest for transporting opened container. Subject was taken into custody and transported to Lyon Co. jail.
Officer took report of non-injury accident involving Emporia State Pool Vehicle. Accident occurred at Kansas Turnpike Rest Area gas station.
Officer contacted two skateboarders at 18th and Merchant and advised of campus policy.

April 10
Officer stopped KS 026BJG at 1100 Exchange.Verbal warning for failure to yield at cross walk.
Male student request to speak with an officer at Headquarter about a legal document.
Subject reported a non-injury accident between KS Corky 20777 and KS 913SND in Lot 3. Report was taken.
Officer stopped KS 268FXS at 18th and Center. Verbal warning was given for driving on sidewalk.
Officer stopped MO PA7S5P at 12th and Merchant. Verbal warning was given for one way violation at 1200 Market..
Officer assisted Emporia Police Department on a car stop at I-35 and Merchant.
Officer stopped KS 814CQW in the 1400 block of Merchant. Verbal warning for a defective headlight, driving without tail lights, and no muffler.

April 11
Officer assisted Emporia Police Dept. with a warrant at 2949 W. 24th.
Officer assisted Emporia Police Department with a car stop at 200 east 13th.
Officer assisted Emporia Police Department with a pedestrian in the street at 12th and Merchant.

April 12
Subject requested welfare check at 717 South Twin Towers.
Officer stopped drivers of mules escorting prom guests for driving erratically in sector 9.
Morse Hall Reception reports water problem in north east Morse Hall Rooms 019 and 119. Email sent for maintenance note for reoccurring problem.
Officers contacted residents at 1309 Sylvan St. and advised to move inside and keep volume down.
Officer stopped KS 923ARM at 12th and Market St. Verbal warning for defective headlight at same location.
Officer checked welfare of occupants of KS 855BWG north of I-35.
Officers assisted the Emporia Police Dept. with a disturbance of the peace at 1903 Sylvan St.
Officers assisted the Emporia Police Dept. with a fight at 1839 Merchant St.
Student was transported from South Twin Towers to Newman Hospital for medical reasons.

April 13
Officer provided jump start and lock out assistance for KS 823EZU at 3010 Eaglecrest Dr.

April 14
Officer stopped KS190FTX on west 18th. Verbal warning for speeding. Citation for expired driver’s license.
Officer stopped KS 821DBF in 1300 Merchant. Verbal warning for failure to yield for pedestrian at crosswalk in1500 Merchant.
Subject reported a theft from Roosevelt Hall, including a laptop and keys. Suspect most likely used the key to her vehicle to burglarize it. This incident occurred on 04-14-14 at approximately 2200. Case taken. Laptop has been entered into NCIC.
Two male students and one female student requested to speak with an officer in reference to a safety issue.
Officers secured property from a student in Singular Hall.

April 15
Officer responded to Sector 3 where the keys of a Pontiac Grand Am had been left in the door. Officer took possession of the keys and contacted the owner.
Officer assisted KS 591GDT in 500 Commercial with a flat tire.
Officer provided lock out assistance for KS 486DVL in 1600 Center.
Officer stopped MO DC0K46 in 300 E 18th. Verbal warning for registration display violation.
Officer checked KS 832GPD in 1400 Highland. Vehicle was unoccupied but lights were on. No problem was found.