Filed under Police Reports

Police Reports

Reports from ESU Police and Safety

April 23

Officer checked welfare of occupants of vehicle at 12th and Burlingame Rd. Vehicle had run out of fuel.  No other problem was found.

Officers assisted Emporia Police Dept. with a domestic dispute at 1839 Merchant – The Villas. Subject was advised not to make any contact with other subject.

Student Guard admitted a female student to the 2nd floor of WAW Library to retrieve her book bag.

Officer checked welfare of a male student at 1326 Highland. Subject was experiencing breathing problems and was transported by ambulance to Newman Regional Health. Officer provided escort from Newman Regional Health to 1326 Highland.

April 24

Officer contacted male subject in reference to a burglary case.

Three male subjects reported aggravated burglaries and thefts from North Twin Towers Room 307. These incidents occurred on 4-24-14 between 0715 and 0820 hours.  Report taken.

Female student reported two subjects looking into vehicle windows in Sector 7. Officer made contact with the subjects and advised to stop.

Female faulty member reported a duck in Union Square. The duck flew off upon officer’s arrival.

Officer followed up with cases 2014-C-023, 2014-C-024 and 2014-C-025.

Officer assisted Emporia Police Dept. with a missing child in 800 Grove.

April 25

Officer retrieved property from 625 Commercial associated with an aggravated burglary case.

Officer assisted Emporia Police Dept. with serving an arrest warrant at 136 W 12th.

Female subject requested officer check the welfare of a student in Northeast Morse Room 120. The student was taken to Counseling Services.

Officer assisted Emporia Police Dept. with a car stop at 1501 Sylvan.

April 26

Officer checked the welfare of occupants of KS 835AOR north of I-35 near the compound.   No problem was found.

Officers contacted suspicious subjects east of HPER building. No problem was found.

Officer checked the welfare of the occupants of KS 042GMC at King Lake. Subjects left after being contacted.

April 27

Officer stopped KS 427BPZ in 100 Merchant. Verbal warning for a traffic light violation.

April 28

Female subject reported her vehicle had been burgled in Sector 7. This event occurred 04-27-14 or earlier on 04-28-14. Report taken.

Residential Life staff requested officers check the welfare of a male student in Central Morse Hall Room 161.

Officer took report of a non-injury accident involving KS 963DSI and KS 316AEC in Sector 6.

King Hall zones 71, 73, 74,75 and 82 Fire Trouble. A fog machine set off the alarms.

April 29

Subject reported sighting flames in the wires of a utility pole at the southwest corner of the Earl Center. Contacted Emporia Fire Dept. The city contacted Westar.

Officer responded to King Hall in reference to a report of criminal damage to the vending  machines. This equipment is owned by Classic Vending. This offense occurred between 4-15-14 and 4-29-14. Report taken.

Officer provided escort for a female student from ESU PD HQ to Free Parking.