Filed under Police Reports

Police Reports

Reports from ESU Police and Safety

Aug. 20

Officer contacted the operator of a vehicle parked improperly in Sector 8 and advised to not back into parking stalls.

Officer stopped a bicyclist in Sector 3.  Verbal warning for a one-way violation in same location.

An ambulance responded to Singular/Trusler Complex 2nd floor lobby of Trusler Hall for a male student who was ill. Student refused transportation.

Officer assisted the operator of KS 964EOO in Sector 9. A tree branch had fallen on her vehicle.

A female student requested to speak with an officer at ESU PD HQ in reference to stolen property.

Aug. 21

Officer assisted Emporia Police Dept. with a child in need of care call in 1000 Commercial – Family Video.

Officer stopped MO CH7V9F in Sector 8. Verbal warning for a stop sign violation at 15th and Wooster Dr.

Officer stopped KS 851EMH at 18th and Merchant. Citation for failure to yield to a pedestrian in a cross walk in 1500 Merchant.

Officer stopped bicyclist in 10 E 12th. Verbal warning for a one-way violation in 1100 Market.

Officer stopped bicyclist in the Sector 2. Verbal warning for a one-way violation in same location.

Officer stopped MO WJ5J9K in 1600  Highland. Verbal warning for speeding in 1800 Highland. Citation for no proof of insurance.

Officer took report of non-injury accident involving KS 418CDT and ESU parking sign at 1500 Morse Dr.

Officer contacted the operator of KS 076FSX and advised not to park on the grassy area north of I-35.

Officer assisted Lyon Co. deputy with a car stop on I-35 at southbound mile marker 129.

Officer assisted Emporia Police Dept. with a suspicious person call in 800 Merchant.

Officer provided escort for a female student from 6th and Commercial to 2063 Brandon Ct.

Aug. 22

Officer assisted Emporia Police Dept. with stolen bicycle from HPER building. Bike was returned.

Male subject reported an elevator malfunction on 6th Floor of North Tower Towers.  Officers released subjects from elevator and shut it down.

Officer stopped KS 238GMB in 1300 Merchant.  erbal warning for failing to stop at a red light at 12th and Merchant.

Officer stopped KS 066GVL at 15th and Merchant. Verbal warning for driving without brake lights at the same location.

Male subject requested to speak with an officer at ESU PD HQ in reference to a parking problem.

Officer stopped KS 788GPN in 10 E 12th. Verbal warning for driving with high beams on.

Officer stopped KS 163EDQ at 12th and Merchant. Verbal warning for driving a one-way violation on Kellogg Circle. Citation for no proof of insurance.

Officer assisted Emporia Police Dept. with a car stop at 12th and Highland.

Aug. 23

Officer responded to a report of an electrical problem in Southeast Morse Hall Room 106. Officer contacted Loris Gilbert. He resolved the issue.

Officer contacted the operator of a vehicle parked improperly in 1500 Market and advised to move vehicle to a legal parking space.

Officer contacted two skateboarders in Sector 4 and advised of campus policy.

Officer stopped KS 926GMB in 1200 Highland. Citation for a stop sign violation at 15th and Wooster Dr.

Officer stopped KS 658EEP in 1500 Market. Verbal warning for driving without headlights.

Aug. 24

Officers checked welfare of a male student sleeping on a bench by the Twin Towers Complex. No problem was found.

Officer stopped MO PL3E7E in 1200 Highland. Verbal warning a one-way violation in 1400 Market.

Aug. 25

Officer provided escort for a female student from Student Wellness Center to Newman Regional Health.

Subject reported a theft of a cellular telephone from HPER building.  This incident occurred sometime earlier on this date. Report taken.

Officer provided escort for a female student from Newman Regional Health to Morse Hall Complex.

Ambulance responded to soccer practice fields for heat related incident. Subject refused ambulance and was transported by officer to her job at First Christian Church-12th and Highland.

Screw came out of push bar on door on west side of Singular/Trusler by 15th and Morse Drive door is locked, but needs to be repaired.

Aug. 26

Officer stopped KS 281GDW at Sector 1. Verbal warning for a one-way violation.

Officer stopped OK 380FVD at 105 W 12th. Verbal warning for a one-way violation in 1100 Constitution.

Officer assisted Emporia Police Dept. with a suspicious subject at 12th and C of E Dr.

Officer stopped KS 687FNE in Lot 11. Verbal warning for obstructed windshield.

Officer escorted male subject from Student Wellness Center to Newman Regional Health.

Officer transported male subject from Newman Regional Health to the Student Wellness Center.

Resident reported a bat was loose in the hallway of ground floor of Northeast Morse Hall. Officer captured the bat and released it outside the building.